Town Clerk's Office
Town Clerk and Records Management Officer
Deputy Town Clerk and Registrar
126 East Duncan Hill Road
Dover Plains, New York 12522
Fax: (845) 832-3188
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
2nd Saturday each month
9:00am - 1:00pm
Town Board Meeting nights
9:00am - 6:00pm
Birth, Death, Genealogical & Marriage Searches and Records
Conservation Licenses (Fishing, Hunting and Trapping)
Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) Requests
Parking Permits for People with Severe Disabilities
The Town Clerk's office is considered to be the initial point of contact for the public.
The Town Clerk collects and is responsible for maintaining the Town's official records and historical documents and materials.
The Town Clerk is an elected Town official who serves a four-year term.
The Town Clerk has been awarded eight grants to date totaling tens of thousands of dollars to defray the increasing costs of archiving current records and historical documents.
Responsibilities of the Town Clerk include, but are not limited to:
- Taking minutes of Town Board meetings
- Records management and archival of all local laws
- Issuance of handicapped parking permits, sporting and dog licenses
- Administration of Freedom of Information (FOIL) requests
- Registration and maintenance of vital statistics (appointed)
Minutes of Town Board Meetings:
Minutes are considered a permanent record of the motions, resolutions and votes of an open meeting.
Draft minutes of the most current town board meeting are available to the public two weeks after the meeting.
Copies of prior meeting minutes may be requested through a FOIL request.
Department offices located at Town Hall include:
- Town Supervisor
- Town Clerk
- Building and Code Enforcement Departments
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Public Offices: Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals